Gum

I am a civilised man. When I have had my fill of chewing a piece of gum, I choose to dispose of it in a bin. Today was no different. I wanted to be rid of the gum, I saw a bin in the distance and I walked to it.
Upon arrival, I remembered that it is not polite to spit in public. So I held the gum between my teeth and lifted it from there using my index finger and thumb. I glided my hand from my mouth to the bin and parted my fingers. The gum held on to my thumb for dear life. Shaking my hand didn't budge it one bit. Pulling it with the other hand only added to the scale of the tragedy.
I could describe the farce in more detail over drinks one day. But I will just say that even now, a few hours later, I am still rubbing out bits of gum from between my fingers, palm, shirt sleeve and the hairs of my wrist. Next time, I'll spit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Erstmal zu Penny