City life


The southbound Bakerloo line platform was dangerously crowded at Baker Street. I stood in my usual spot - I always board at the same door because it stops right by the exit at Oxford Circus. I was apprehensive about being pushed onto the tracks, crowded as it was. A guy pushed in front of me. Okay, no problem thought I. Then the train came, a miniature Hillsborough disaster as usual, and the masses started to get on board. The guy in front of me kept letting people go in before him. That's okay up to a point, but he wasn't allowing much room for those behind him (me). He finally squeezed in last. I knew his game. He wanted to be the last one in, first one out. Motherfucker! I couldn't get on. I so wanted to throw a punch in his face just as the doors were sliding shut. But there was no guaranteeing they wouldn't open again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Erstmal zu Penny