I'm sure everyone knows that awkward moment when you come across a stranger walking in the opposite direction; when each of you tries to bypass the other, but you both repeatedly step in the same direction, forever perpetuating the blockage.
After the seventh time you feel the need to find humor in the situation. You grin idiotically and shake your head. What a lark, eh? Your opponent doesn't see the funny side; he or she will decide to blow past you with an exasperated huff that non-verbally says 'fuck off idiot'.
I hate it when that happens. I would rather walk into a raging stampede of burning buses than go through it. But every time I walk down Oxford Street, I have to endure this shit three or four times on a good day.
Anyway, I think this situation needs a name that everyone can recognize.
How about calling it the 'Block 'n' Grin'?
Or the 'Awkward Mutual Impasse'?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Erstmal zu Penny